Transportation & Reach
Melbourne Railway Transportation:
- Melbourne Airport (MEL): The city can be easily
accessible from within and outside the country through its
international airport. Located at Tullamarine, the airport is 22km
away from the city center.
- Avalon Airport (AVV): This Airport mostly carries
domestic flights and is located quite far from the city.
The state capitals of the country are really well connected through its
rail network. The long distance trains of Melbourne run mostly from
Spencer St. Station while all inter-city rail services from interstate
and intrastate destinations operate to and from Southern Cross Station,
located on the western edge of Melbourne's CBD.
Melbourne Water Transportation:
- CountryLink, which operates twice a day service from Sydney, is a
faster alternative to driving.
- Great Southern Railway run four services a week from Adelaide.
- V/Line provides services from cities within Victoria. These
services operate from regional centers such as Geelong, Ballarat,
Albury, Bendigo, Bairnsdale.
Melbourne can also be reached through water from Devonport, Tasmania.
During the peak summer time, there are also day sailing.
Local Transportation of Melbourne:
Met is the efficient system, which operates public transport of
Melbourne. It is an integrated service utilizing trams, trains and
Hotels & Accommodation
- Tram: It is the best way to see the city and central
suburbs as it is fast, cheap and convenient. It is one of the
largest and oldest in the world. The City Circle trams provide a
free round trip service that takes to many of the city's main
- Buses: They cover the areas that trams and trains dont.
- Taxis: Are numerous but expensive and are highly visible
in bright yellow colour.
apartments, motels or a wonderful range of top class hotels;
accommodation in Melbourne is not a problem. Better find a place in one
of the suburbs of the city, as the city center though conveniently
located is lifeless at night.
Recommended hotels for your stay in Melbourne
|Hotels of Melbourne